What is Hunger Action Month?
September is Hunger Action Month, when we ask everyone to take action to fight hunger in their community, all month long. Hunger Action Month is your opportunity to join a movement that has a real and lasting impact on our effort to feed more Vermonters than ever before. Whether it’s by advocating and raising awareness, making donations, or volunteering, individuals can find the way that’s right for them to make a difference during Hunger Action Month.
2012 Campaign: Speak Out Against Hunger
This September, we’re asking everyone to Speak Out Against Hunger on behalf of the nearly 49 million people in America that struggle with hunger. Here are a few things you can do to speak out against hunger in Vermont:
- Download the 30 Ways in 30 Days Calendar
- Learn more about the Go Orange Campaign–and go orange!
- Volunteer at the Vermont Foodbank
- Make a donation– $1 equals 6 meals for our neighbors in need
- Pick for Your Neighbor at a participating apple orchard